In order to locate how an invoice or statement was paid. You run a cash receipt report which shows you the Date Paid, Account ID, Transaction Reference Number, Line Description, Debit Amount and Credit Amount.
- To run a CASH RECEIPTS report, first locate the REPORT MANAGER in the BackOffice.
- Select the REPORTING button from the STORE section of the MAIN MENU on the left side of the screen.
- Once in the REPORTS MANAGER, select the ACCOUNTING tab on the left side of the screen.
- From the accounting reports list, choose the CASH RECEIPTS report.
- After selecting the CASH RECEIPTS report, choose your desired date range or click ALL DATES. (With a cash receipts report, you do not have the option to select specific columns or sort by order as you do with other reports.)
- Once desired date range has been selected, click RUN.
- A CASH RECEIPTS report will generate.
- To save the report, click the SAVE icon.
- To email the report, click the EMAIL icon.
- To print the report, click the PRINT icon.
- To export the report to a PDF, click the PDF icon.
- To export the report to an EXCEL document, click the EXCEL icon.
Example: Susan Lewis paid off her account, she had three open invoices, 00636, 00705, and 00739 and paid it in full. We can see in this report that she paid $126.02 on 02/21/2018 which was the total of her three open invoices.