Yes! You can easily set up finance charges to be added to past due accounts.
- To add finance charges, first click on the ADMIN ICON on the top RIGHT of the screen.
- Click on the TOOLS button on the top LEFT of the screen.
- Select SYSTEM SET UP from the TOOLS drop down menu.
- Select the ADVANCED tab from the LEFT side of the system set up window.
- Select BILLING SETTINGS button from the point of sale tab.
- Here you will be able to select your desired billing settings.
- When all changes are complete, click SAVE.
- Repeat on each register.
Billing Minimum / Cycle:
- Set Minimum Amount to Bill: when an amount other have $0.00 is entered in this field, the customer will not be billed until they have reached the amount in the field.
- Billing Day of the Month: select desired monthly billing date.
Finance Charge Handling:
- Finance Charges Enabled: when checked, the ability add a finance charge for past due accounts is enabled.
- Enable Finance Charge Grouping: when checked, if there is more than one past due invoice then the finance charge will be added as a lump sum with one entry instead of individual finance charges listed.
- Transaction Billing Date: you can either choose to have the ordered billed on the order date or delivery date.
- Minimum Late Fee: here you can set a a minimum late fee.
- Minimum Balance for Late Fee: here you can set the minimum balance for a late fee to be added.
- Finance Charge Percentage: usually 18%.
Past Due Notice (Applies to Invoices)
- Here you can enter the past due notice message for 30 Days Late, 60 Days Late and 90+ Days Late.