- To import customers, first click on the ADMIN ICON on the top RIGHT of the screen.
- Click on the TOOLS button on the top LEFT of the screen.
- Select SYSTEM SET UP from the TOOLS drop down menu.
- Select the CUSTOMERS tab from the LEFT side of the system set up window.
- Select IMPORT CUSTOMERS button from the customers tab.
- First, download the Excel file. Click DOWNLOAD THE CUSTOMER TEMPLATE. The file will download to your computer. If you have Microsoft Excel on your computer, it will automatically open the file.
- The file shows on the first row a sample of what needs to be in each cell. Add your customers info, name, address, phone, email, etc.
- Once all your customers are added to spreadsheet, Fill out as much as you can. Then save the file onto your desktop.
- Once you have made the updates on the Excel file and saved it on your desktop, select how you will import the file. You have 2 options:
1. Add customers to the database without deleting or updating customers you may already have added in the database.
2. Update customers - updating existing customers only.
- Once you have selected the button then you should drag the Excel file to where it says DRAG FILE HERE.
- IRIS will check the file and if it is correct you will see FILE IS READY TO IMPORT.
- When complete, click IMPORT.