- To import products, first click on the ADMIN ICON on the top RIGHT of the screen.
- Click on the TOOLS button on the top LEFT of the screen.
- Select SYSTEM SET UP from the TOOLS drop down menu.
- Select the PRODUCTS tab from the LEFT side of the system set up window.
- Select IMPORT PRODUCTS button from the products tab.
- First, download the Excel file. Click DOWNLOAD THE PRODUCT TEMPLATE. The file will download to your computer. If you have Microsoft Excel on your computer, it will automatically open the file.
- The File shows on the first row a sample of what needs to be in each cell. Add your products - product code, name, description, price etc.,.
- Once you have made the updates on the Excel file and saved it on your desktop, select how you will import the file. You have 3 options:
1. Add products to the database without deleting or updating products already in the database.
2. Update products - updating existing products only.
3. Delete all products in database and re-import products. WARNING - this will clear the entire product database.
- Once you have selected the import options, drag the Excel file to where it says DRAG FILE HERE.
- IRIS will check the file and if it is correct you will see FILE READY FOR IMPORT.
- When complete, click IMPORT.